If you are getting started in fundamental analysis, one of the most important understanding you have to acquire is the concept of a business.
This course will take you from the ground level up and start building you a good foundation towards understanding a business so that you could make use of that knowledge towards evaluating a business for investment.
What will you learn?
- What is a business?
- What are the core elements of a business?
- How does the business work?
- What are the roles played by the accountant and management in a business?
- Who are the owners and creditors of the business and what role do they play?
- What is the cost of capital?
- What is a business transaction?
- What are a balance sheet, income statement and cash flow statement?
- How does a business grow its wealth?
- What is the implication when a business makes a profit or loss?
- What is the difference between accounting and finance?
- What are the critical numbers that investor pay attention to in financial statements?
All these and more will give you an excellent foundation to the language of business.