Let me ask you some questions…
The Launch is the first of the 3 stages e-Course series. It is designed for anyone who wants to take your investing skills as a novice to becoming a competent investor who is comfortable reading annual reports, research report, and the financial press. It aims to equip you with the skill sets to conduct and evaluate your own independent research. The following are what you'll get from the e-course:
* Learn the Wall Street method of analyzing businesses to be able to cut through the noise and clutter.
* Acquire an immediate, working knowledge of the three primary financial statements ‐ the Balance Sheet, the Income Statement and the Statement of Cash Flows.
* Understand the information contained in essential financial reports and how to use that understanding to make informed intelligent decisions.
* The ability to use numbers and financial tools to make and analyse decisions.
Power Ascent is the 2nd of the 3-stages e-Course series. In the first part of the e-Course series, The Launch provides you the critical knowledge and foundation required to help you take-off from ground zero. It is the most important stage of your journey beyond a novice investor.
However, Power Ascent is needed to boost your knowledge after your lift-off by deep diving into the critical points that only help you see a clearer and deeper view in what you've learned in The Launch, giving you a deeper understanding of the three financial statements which were not covered in the first stage.
Your trainer will show you the principle of accounting which help you understand how to read beyond the numbers given in a financial report. These knowledge will give you further confidence when you are flying the ship on your own in the investing marketplace.
Coasting Flight is the third and final stage of the 3 stages e-course series which will be held in a life workshop for graduates of Go Beyond the Numbers - The Launch & Power Ascent. It is an intensive 1 day workshop to apply the knowledge learned in the previous 2 stages.
At the end of this stage, you'll be able to:
* develop strategies to position your portfolio to meet your objectives.
* employ filtering methods to help you track potential and existing holdings.
* evaluate the operating and financial health of the business through proper techniques in reading the financial report.
* make effective investment decisions using financial ratio and valuation techniques.
* setup watch-list and radar for monitoring your portfolio.
* Go Beyond The Numbers - The Launch: More than 50 video lessons (12 hours of online lessons).
* Go Beyond The Numbers - Power Ascent: More than 60 video lessons (6 hours of online lessons).
* Life time access to the lesson videos.
* The program includes quizzes, exercises and assignments on major topics.
* Learn the content at your own pace.
* Course e-Handbook that can come in handy when required in reviewing what you have learnt from the video sessions.
This workshop is conducted in English and designed for people who do not have professional training in investment management. Therefore, participants are:
* All novice investors who are starting their first steps in learning investing.
* All intermediate investors who wanted to learn a deeper understanding of financial numbers that helps them better investment decisions.
* All other investors who see the need to revisit the fundamentals of investing and revise on their understanding of financial statements and numbers.
* All learners who are curious and willing to learn fundamental investing.
Here are the key topics that will be covered in Go Beyond The Numbers - The Launch (click on the icon to know more):
Here are the key topics that will be covered in Go Beyond The Numbers - Power Ascent (click on the icon to know more):
Puah Soon Lim graduated from the National University of Singapore with a Bachelor Degree in Business Administration. He is also a CFA. Soon Lim has more than 20 years of experience in the financial and investment industries, spanning from money broking, merchant banking, bond sales and trading, investment planning, insurance sales and management of a wealth management sales team. His extensive experience and thorough knowledge in wealth management enables him to break down difficult concepts into easy-to-understand components.